Plan well.Invest wisely.Live a life you love.
Personalized financial planning, investments, and tax preparation to help you achieve what matters most to you.
Financial Planning in Los Angeles For Tech Professionals
& Business Owners
- Equity compensation
- Employee benefits
- Life insurance
- Investment choices
- Backdoor Roth contributions
- Minimize taxes
- Questions like, “Will I have enough?”
The increasingly complex financial decisions you need to make can be overhelming! Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone to guide you through the uncertainty? Whatever your “why,” we’ll help you plan the right steps to achieve what matters most to you.
The LifeSighted Difference
Financial planning, investments, & taxes all under one roof.Get all the pieces of your financial life pulling in one direction for you.
A guide & accountability partner.Keep on track, even when new money issues pop up.
Access from anywhere (including virtual meetings).Stay organized and get more done in less time.
Fee-only, Fiduciary Advice.We put our client’s interests ahead of our own. Always.
Getting Started is Easy
Schedule a Free Intro Call
Map Out Next Steps
Implement & Track Your Plan
About Don Hance Jr., EA, CFP®
Welcome! I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, an IRS Enrolled Agent, and the founder here at LifeSighted. We are a fiduciary financial planning and tax prep company focused on helping clients simplify their finances so they can focus on living a life that they love.
Before starting LifeSighted in 2017, I spent several years working at a firm with a diverse set of retired, high net worth clients. Through the conversations I had with clients during that time, I learned a great deal about their histories, including how they built and maintained their wealth. Among the trends that stood out the most through those conversations is that many clients wished they had spent more time enjoying the journey of life, rather than pushing off their dreams until retirement. Wanting to make sure that my generation did not fall prey to the same regrets, I made it my mission to bring life-focused financial planning to those who wanted it, regardless of portfolio size. And thus, LifeSighted was born.
Since starting LifeSighted, I’ve been recognized as a Top 10 Young Advisor to Watch by Financial Advisor Magazine and elected as the 2020 President for the Financial Planning Association of Los Angeles.
I’m a proud graduate of the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California with an educational emphasis in Entrepreneurial Studies. I also obtained a Certificate in Personal Financial Planning from UCLA Extension, earning it with distinction (their way of saying I had a good GPA).
In my free time, you can find me developing software (only for personal use so far) or taking advantage of the pleasant Southern California weather by playing baseball, softball, and volleyball or enjoying a nice hiking trail or a day at the beach.
From the Blog
- Backdoor Roth IRA Contributions: An Awesome Opportunity for High-Earners The Roth IRA is one of my top three favorite types of accounts for retirement savings due to the many long-term tax benefits Roth IRAs provide. Unfortunately, contributing directly to a Roth IRA isn’t available… Continue reading »
- Sustainable Investing: Impact the Planet Using Your Retirement Portfolio With all of the talk these days about climate change and what can be done, as a society, to lower our greenhouse gas emissions, I want to dive deeper with you into sustainable investing and… Continue reading »
- Selling vs. Renting: Should I Sell My House or Rent It Out? A Financial Planner’s Perspective Maybe you’re moving into a bigger house to fit a growing family, maybe you want to downsize, or maybe you’re relocating for work. Luckily, you’ve done such a good job planning that you have plenty… Continue reading »